Bob reviews and discusses a list from Liz Ryan, Founder of Human Workplace.
The Top Ten Biggest Leadership Lies
- The boss is always right because they are the boss.
- If employees get too comfortable they won't deliver their best.
- Your team needs to be closely supervised.
- Carrots and sticks still work as the best motivation.
- Only tell your team what they need to know.
- Idle time is a big waste.
- The role is more important than the person.
- Continuous feedback keeps people sharp.
- You should set goals…and drive your team toward them.
- You need to be able to measure it to manage it.
Bob and Alex put their perspective on each of these and alert leaders to the traps they represent.
Liz Ryan's post in Forbes is here.